Cleanroom training for new users is offered on a monthly basis and consists of four parts: An initial walkthrough, chemical safety training, a take-home exam, and a final walkthrough with verbal exam. To gain access to the University Cleanroom follow the steps below.
- Obtain written approval and a valid COA number from your advisor
- Complete the mandatory EHS trainings. Save certificates of completion for later.
- Visit the Yale Facility Online Manager to register for an account
- If your advisor is not listed contact a staff member, but continue with registration
- When entering your prox card number ignore the letter and leading zeros
e.g. Y-01701 would be entered as 1701
- Once registered, navigate to Yale SEAS Cleanroom, then to Becton Cleanroom.
- A User Agreement will open. Click on Facility Agreement and the Cleanroom Handbook will open in a new tab. Read this handbook to gain necessary information about the cleanroom. You will be tested on the material multiple times.
- Click here to sign up for New User Training - Step 1 + 2:
- Steps 1 and 2 are generally held on the first Tuesday and Thursday afternoons of each month. If you have a schedule conflict with this time please email Yong Sun.